4541 Morgantown Road, Mohnton (Plowville) PA 19540
Picnic Grove Rental
The grove is located on Route 10 (Morgantown Road), 5 miles North of Morgantown, and 9 miles South of Reading.
The grove has a 350 seat pavilion, rest rooms, full commercial kitchen, and barbecue pit and ample parking.
Conditions of Rental:
1. Barbecue pits may be used. Charcoal is not provided. No wood or other items may be burned in the pits.
2. The kitchen is equipped with a commercial stove/ovens, two (2) commercial refrigerators, deep freezer, large stainless steel center island and stainless counters. A 25 foot serving line, under roof. Pots, pans, and silverware are not provided.
- Any caterer may be utilized.
- Alcohol is allowed. Depending on the event a liquor license may be necessary. Rental Coordinator will assist with this information.
3. PA system is not included in the rental. Stage is located in front of the pavilion with electrical outlets.
4. Restrooms are handicapped accessible, paper products are supplied.
5. All music must end by 10:00 PM and picnic grounds must be vacated by 11:00PM.
6. Your rental is for the day: 8am – 11pm.
7. Trash: 55 gallon barrels are used for trash. Trash bags are provided. Option for removal of trash: renters may remove the trash to the dumpsters at the end of their event or a $50 fee for trash removal can be paid with the rental cost.
Cost & Insurance:
- Rental fee varies based on the number of attendees. Contact the Rental Coordinator.
- Security deposit of $100 is required, will be refunded if grounds are left in good condition. Tables are to be arranged as found.
Insurance: is required for all events.
- Insurance can be secured through the Diocese of Allentown
- Or if the organization has its own private insurance there are certain requirements needed for coverage. Information can be obtained from the Rental Coordinator.
Cancellation Policy: All money will be refunded in full if you cancel thirty (30) days or more prior to the scheduled event.
For information on renting the Picnic Grove or to take a tour, please contact:
Jeanie2251@outlook.com or 610-856-7575
Wednesday (only) – Parish Office 610-856-1006